You will not accept anything but the best when it comes to tips about teeth whitening. You want to make sure that you are going about it in a safe and effective manner.
Read this article if you want to know the best advice on how to keep your teeth white.
Proven Tips to Keep Teeth White
Remember whitening your teeth works on natural teeth only not on false teeth. This is very important to think about because you don’t want one or two teeth to be a different color than the rest.
- Strange, but true, wood ash will help whiten your teeth. Wood ash contains a compound that will bleach your teeth called potassium hydroxide. The tiny crystals help to scrape off plague in hard to reach places and will scrub your teeth clean. To use it you can mix it with toothpaste or put it directly on your toothbrush.
- The best way to whiten teeth is to prevent their discoloration in the first place. Flossing is a helpful technique in getting rid of plaque, which causes teeth to lose their color. Floss after any meal or snack you eat. If you can, take floss with you to restaurants. Be especially sure to floss before bed, as plaque forming bacteria will cause teeth to lose their white color while you are sleeping.
- One important teeth whitening tip is to make sure that you pay attention to how your teeth react to whitening products. Often times it can make sensitive teeth more sensitive and can cause normal teeth to become more sensitive. This can be very uncomfortable when eating extremely hot or cold food and drinks.
- Most smokers already know that smoking leaves their teeth dull looking and discolored. Smokers will always have a much harder time in whitening their teeth than non-smokers. Stopping smoking will improve the color of your teeth drastically. Not to mention, not smoking is just better for your health.
- To get your teeth whiter at home, you can use an orange peel. The ingredients that make up an orange are good for removing discoloration from the enamel. To use this method, simply peel the orange and rub the peel on your teeth for at least 3 minutes. You can then spit it out.
- Along with being high in sugar and/or high fructose corn syrup, wine and soda can stain your teeth. That makes these beverages a double hazard for your teeth. Avoid these beverages or rinse your mouth out with water after drinking soda or wine, better yet, brush your teeth if possible.
- Store all teeth whitening products in the refrigerator to keep them as fresh as possible. Old whitening gels that have been exposed to changes in temperature can acquire an off-taste and lose their effectiveness quickly. For those with some gum sensitivities, whitening products applied right out of the refrigerator help alleviate that bit of burning sting that some products have.
- Increase the amount of foods in your diet that clean your teeth. These include high-fiber fruits and vegetables such as carrots, apples, celery, and cauliflower. These work to whiten your teeth by scrubbing off plaque as you eat. They also cause your mouth to produce more saliva, which results in healthier enamel and whiter teeth.
- Try to avoid water with fluoride added in or toothpaste that incorporates fluoride. Recent reports have shown that fluoride can stain and discolor teeth. If you only have access to water in your home with fluoride added to it, either look for a filter or consider drinking your water from bottles as long as it is without fluoride as well.
In conclusion, you want the absolute best advice available for teeth whitening and you have found the right place to obtain it.
Ideally you will be able to use the tips in this article for your own benefit and also be able to share it with other people who need it.
Rated #1 for fat loss and value! Weight loss pill that naturally burns fat gets biggest deal in Shark Tank history. See what the experts are saying. Read More...