Juicing has gained notoriety for its ability to energize, alkalize, detox, and rejuvenate both inside and out.
Green vegetable juices fill you with beneficial nutrients and antioxidants. Proponents claim juicing has the ability to improve skin health, reverse degenerative disease and even slow down or reverse gray hair!
6 Tips For Becoming A Juicing Pro
Normally when we eat foods such as fruits and vegetables, we throw away parts that contain vital vitamins and minerals.
By juicing foods, these elements are extracted for consumption.
- When making carrot juice, make absolutely sure to get fresh, healthy carrots. Signs of old carrots are limpness, wilted tops, and excessive cracking. Look for carrots that have a full color, are firm to the touch, and have green, leafy tops. These carrots will produce the freshest, sweetest juice.
- Try vegetables mixed with your favorite fruits in your juicer. Many vegetables are easy to juice. They can add important vitamins and minerals to your juice as well. In addition, using vegetables can cut down on the calorie count of your juice, which in turn, makes it a better diet option.
- Juicing is a lifestyle you dedicate yourself to, and you will notice if you miss a day. If something comes up and you’re not able to buy some fresh produce for your juice, you should have something on hand that you can use instead. You can keep some items in the freezer just in case, or even freeze some juice to tide you over.
- Ask your friends and family if they’d like to go in on purchases in bulk at local farms with you so you can buy more and get larger discounts. Apple farms, for example, will sell you bushel after bushel for decreasing costs per pound. Take a few cars up, load the back with apples, and share with everyone! They don’t have to be juicers to enjoy fresh produce.
- Are you diabetic? Juicing can still be for you! You can juice so many different items that you’ll always be able to have a selection that does not contain too many carbohydrates or a large dose of sugar. You can also include milk or yogurt in your drink to up your dairy intake.
- Try adding chopped ice to your juice to make it a cool treat in the summer! It’s like drinking a smoothie while actually knowing what ingredients are in it and where they came from (and how clean they were when they went into the juicer!) What a tasty way to chill out.
As stated before, juicing is a good way to get the most from foods.
Juicing extracts vitamins and minerals from parts of fruits and vegetables that are normally thrown away.
If you remember the tips on juicing found in this article, you can get the most from your foods in the form of juice.