By following just a few of the simple tips in the Energy Saver guide, you can make your home more comfortable and easier to heat and cool–while you save money.
We bring you the latest information on energy-saving, efficient technologies.
Energy Saving Tips
Saving electricity will indeed save more money. An electrical appliance which does not work to its maximum capacity will result in lesser performance and also higher electricity bills.
Here are just a few simple things you can do to improve the energy efficiency and comfort of your home.
- Firstly, your appliances must be kept clean and tidy. Regular cleaning helps keeping your appliances in good shape and thereby performing better and also consuming lesser energy.
- Any qualified service technician should be called in for an annual check up. This helps in reducing the operating costs of the appliance by around 20%, extending the life of the appliance, also improving its safety and the air quality.
- While using the air conditioners, always set your thermostat at the comfort temperature level permanently. By doing this, you will surely save on your electric bills because less energy is taken by the air conditioning unit to cool air 4 to 5 degrees than it does to cool air 8 to 10 degrees.
- Items that are more than 10 years old should be replaced because old items don’t function with their optimum efficiency. Replacement of such items will cut down your electricity bills to half the usual.
- During a power outage, switch off the appliance. And when the power returns, turn the appliance on only after allowing sometime to pass.
- Don’t over-stuff your refrigerator with bottles and other plastic containers. This will result in overworking the condenser due to lack of free air circulation. Also, do not keep your refrigerator door open for too long as this will lead to the break out of cool air.
- Make it a point to buy appliances with the “energy saving” label. Since such appliances consume lower energy, your electricity bill is automatically reduced to a great extent.
- The use of energy saving lights(light bulbs) is a fairly wise option to save money on electricity bills. This is because these energy saving bulbs last up to almost 12 times longer than the usual ones. And also consume less energy.
- The usage of energy saving facilities like the energy saving windows and the energy saving appliances at home lessens the relative consumption of energy at home, letting you save your money on the electricity bill. For example, the “double-glazed” window can be used instead of an ordinary window.
- Using insulators at home will prevent the warm or cool air out. There are plenty of cheap and common insulation materials available on the market today. Many of these have been around for quite some time. Each of these insulation materials have their own ups and downs.
The best way to start saving on your electricity costs is to get smart with how you use electricity.
Make these no-cost changes in your home and you could save $500 or more a year, depending on a number of factors including the size of your home.
#1 Rated Diet Pill - Rated #1 by both experts and users! Lose weight quickly & safely - clinically-proven to reduce BMI. Read More...