Keep yourself healthy for the long term by integrating fitness into your everyday life. You don’t have to spend hours on a workout; a few minutes set aside each day is more than enough.
Here are some habits to help you create an exercise plan that actually works. A plan that you can actually stick with long enough to results and enjoy the new healthier version of yourself.
Get Into Fitness
The tips below will provide you with some great advice to use in your daily workout.
- Make your exercise safer and more comfortable by choosing shoes with a proper fit. Before working out, check to be sure that your shoes fit well. There is always some size variation between brands, so one type of shoe may run bigger or smaller than another. You should have ample room for your toes, but no so much that your foot is able to slide around freely.
- A great way to help you get fit is to start incorporating intervals into your cardio. Going all out for thirty seconds and then resting for thirty seconds, is much more effective than if you were to just perform at a steady rate. Cardio with intervals also requires less time.
- Having a routine, limits the stimulation of the brain. Studies have shown that changing or breaking a routine, will promote stimulation and in turn, staves off dementia. Instead of driving the same route to the grocery store, change the route and drive a different way. These small steps will improve your brain’s stimulation and reduce the chance of getting dementia.
- Studies have proven that mediating every day for eight weeks have shown to improve health and boost a calmer lifestyle. Mediating improves the fitness of the brain by reducing stress. Remaining calm has proven to plump the part of the brain called the hippo-campus, which is directly connected to memory and alertness.
- When you feel the burn, go back the next day for more! Exercising to the point that we feel it can make us really sore for days. The best way to prevent that, or at least to minimize it, is to exercise again the very next day and the day following that. It may be prudent to take it easier but don’t forgo exercise all together.
- Periodically check for a full range of motion in your shoulders. Encourage flexibility by doing small shoulder circles and other exercises that focus on the shoulder joints and shoulder muscles. Working on your shoulders will help you perform daily activities, such as reaching and lifting heavy items, easily and comfortably.
- If you are just starting to work out, you should try to work out until you cannot work any further. By this I mean you should continue to do repetitions until you cannot lift your set any longer. This helps to build up your strength much faster when first start out.
- If you are trying to flatten your stomach, a great tip is to be sure you work out your invisible abdominal muscles. These are the trasversus abdominis muscles, which are beneath your rectus abdominis. They flatten your waist when you suck in your stomach. In order to work this muscle out, try to pull in your belly button towards your spine. While breathing normally, hold this position for ten seconds.
The tips above mentioned that fitness is a vital part of your life and you don’t have to spend hours working out to remain healthy.
Spending a few minutes everyday when you have the time is more than enough. Apply the tips from the article above for a full and proper workout.