Juicing is a tremendous way to bring a new sense of health and vitality to your life.
Knowing the best juice combinations for optimal health is key to maximizing the benefits of raw foods.
Must Know Tips For Juicing
The health benefits of juicing are something nobody should be without.
Follow these tips, and you will soon be on your way to making delicious, healthy drinks your whole family can enjoy.
- Try to use locally-grown fruits and vegetables in your juicing. The best option is to use produce that you’ve grown yourself. Every mile that a piece of fruit needs to be transported to get to you increases the carbon footprint of your glass of juice. It also increases the chance of your produce becoming contaminated with bacteria or chemicals.
- Don’t buy too many fruits and vegetables at a time if you’re juicing. You might end up buying much more than you will use, and the extra food will decay and go to waste. Experiment with different amounts to see how much juice you drink a day, so you know how much produce you have to buy in advance.
- Check out farms near where you live to pick up the produce you need for juicing at amazing bulk prices. Many items can be kept in a cool, dark place for longer periods of time. So those are the foods you want to pick up on the farm in larger amounts.
- Get adventurous with your juicing ingredients! Why not try grapefruit or add in a little ginger for some zip! Other items to try are celery, parsley, beets, bell peppers, and leafy greens! You never know what you might end up liking.
- Keep a toothbrush handy to clean the strainer after juicing. Scrubbing the strainer with a toothbrush will displace any lodged particles which can grow rapidly into mold. Regular cleaning in this fashion will increase the life of your juicer as well as make your life healthier.
- When it comes to juicing, one thing that you want to keep in mind is that one of the most important and difficult parts is choosing the juicer that you are going to use. It is important to buy one that will suit your needs, but also remain within your price range.
The best way to enhance your health through juicing is to gain a thorough understanding of the vitamins and minerals you can extract through different types of foods, and how to make the tastiest combinations.
Use the advice in this article, and you will be able to make wonderful, life-giving juices each and every day.