Among the leading chronic illness afflicting the US population, allergies rank way up at number 5! When your body is extra sensitive to a substance, it will respond in the form of an allergic reaction.
Whether it’s a food allergy or pollen in the environment that causes hay fever, allergies are enough to drive anyone insane.
HOW TO DEAL WITH ALLERGIES?
If you are one of the many Americans suffering through the dreaded symptoms of allergies, read on! This article will offer you sound advice on controlling and overcoming allergies, so that you can move on to better things.
- If your allergies act up in the summer, it is important that you keep your air conditioner clean. Air conditioners hold a lot of dust and mold, and if you do not clean them, your allergies are just going to get worse. Furthermore, try not to sleep right next to an air conditioner, as this can also make your allergies worsened.
- Be careful of which products you use to treat to treat your allergies. For example, if you use a decongestant and you have high blood pressure, you could suffer from a stroke or heart attack. Speak with your doctor before taking any allergy medications to make sure they are safe for you.
- Exercise at the right time of day. If you like to exercise outdoors, yet you are an allergy sufferer, there are things that can be done so you can still enjoy the experience. It’s better to exercise outdoors in the early morning or later in the evening as the pollen levels aren’t as high at these times and less likely to cause issues with your allergies.
- For many allergy sufferers, it is impossible to effectively treat symptoms on their own. When the effects of seasonal and other allergies become too much to bear, it is wise to seek the assistance of a medical professional. By consulting with a specialist, you will have greater access to useful diagnostic tools and prescription treatments that would, otherwise, be unavailable to you.
- Be sure to wash your hair immediately when you get inside, if you suffer from allergies and there was pollen outside. You do not want to allow the pollen to stay in your hair for too long, as this can trigger your allergy symptoms. It is best to wash your hair twice.
- To escape the symptoms of allergies quicker, change your clothes and take a shower after being outside. All kinds of allergy triggers remain in hair, on skin and clothing long after you’ve come inside, so scrub them off, shampoo them out and toss the exposed clothing in a place where you won’t breathe back the allergen particulates.
Hopefully, this article has provided you with some very helpful tips and tricks on controlling allergies and all the accompanying symptoms.
With so many sufferers, it’s a wonder they have not found a cure yet, but until they do, you have the useful advice you have read here to rely on.
#1 Rated Diet Pill - Rated #1 by both experts and users! Lose weight quickly & safely - clinically-proven to reduce BMI. Read More...