There are several different ways you can save energy on your home electricity usage which will also reduces the money you spend on your electricity bills and helps reduce carbon emissions to the environment.
Here is a list of the things you can do:
- If your washing machine has an economy setting, then use that instead of the normal setting.
- Did you know that when an electrical item is on standby that it uses 70% of the electricity that it uses as compared to when it is switched on? Think about all the electrical items you have on standby around your home, if you switch them off instead of putting them on standby you can save a fair bit off your electricity bill each year.
- If it is possible, move your fridge a few inches away from the wall as this will make it operate more efficiently and save you money.
- Remember to switch the lights off each time you leave a room.
- If you have a desktop or laptop computer, you can use the power saving feature which will switch off your monitor after you have been away from your computer for a few minutes. As well as saving money and energy, this will also mean that your computer monitor will last longer.
- To save up to 10% of your electrical bill, choose to pay by direct debit instead of by paying by cheque or cash at the bank.
- You may be able to save up to 25% off your electricity bill by switching to another cheaper electricity provider. This is quite straight forward to do and will most likely be the biggest electricity cash saving move you can make. If you have already done this move once before in the past, then you may still be able to save a further 10% to 15% by shopping around again.
- It is not always the case that having your electricity and gas provided by one supplier is the cheapest way to go. If you look at other suppliers you may find it will work out cheaper to have electricity from one supplier and your gas supply from another.
- Do not leave electrical items on around the house when you are not using them.
- Fit energy saving light bulbs around your house which whilst they are more expensive than normal light bulbs, they will last a lot, lot longer.
So as you can see most of the things you can do to save energy and money on your electricity usage are fairly simple, easy to do, you can choose to do some of them or all of them and it really will make a difference to your electricity usage and bills over the years.
Air Conditioners Maintenance
Periodic maintenance and good care of the air conditioner can save you hundreds of dollars. If you take good care and undertake periodic maintenance, your machine will work in the most excellent condition for a long time.
No one wishes to buy an air conditioner every year.
So, you should have the knowledge of maintenance methods to keep your air conditioner in a healthy state.
What Can Be Done?
The maintenance features are usually neglected by the owners. The air conditioners are heavy machines that sometimes deceive the owners. When the machine is giving out cool air, you may think that everything is fine.
However, the air conditioner may be losing its energy efficiency year after year. So, you need to evaluate the energy efficiency of the unit every year in order to reduce your electricity costs.
How Much Money You Can Save?
If you are not maintaining the air conditioner properly, you will lose nearly 5% of its efficiency each year. It is unimportant that the unit is throwing cool air or not, the energy efficiency will be decreased.
Every air conditioner has its rated capacity and an efficient unit works for 15 years or more successfully. If you accomplish routine maintenance of the unit, there are chances that the unit will persist to work at its capacity all through its life.
You should look for unusual sounds or leaks and also should check for accurate drainage of the condenser tube. If the filter is dirty, the air conditioning unit will be troublesome and also uneconomical.
So, you should clean or replace the filters frequently and should also clean the registers and air vents. The compressor can be cleaned from the outside with the help of a hose to prevent the dust from affecting the operation of the unit.
More on How to Save on Your Energy Bill
How much electricity bill on this month? It’s too expensive right? How can I reduce my waste? If you enough for these questions.
I think you should look for alternative energy such as solar power or wind power or else you should think about. It is time to take some easy steps way to learn how to save on your energy bill and save your money.
Reduce Your Electricity Bills by Following Very Simple Steps
This article will list some simple, easy-to-do things to reduce your electricity bill.
Start from yourself. If you were the person who step out of your room without any concern about your computer, light bulb or any your electrical appliances and go to take a call in another room or join your family at the dining.
You Must Stop It Now!
look around. Switch off all the appliances even if you would be back in few minutes. Yes, even that will help. This is first Way to save on your energy bill and save your money.
Another thing to save energy bill is what you perceive as an electronic appliance. Would you switch off the computer and television set, turn off the fan, but not the light bulb? Yes, you need light, but when you are leaving the room you should switch it off.
Fluorescent Light (Cfl) Bulbs – Smart Choice
Choose smart choice by replacing your incandescent bulbs with compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs. These bulbs are a great power-saving investment.
Taking care of these small things will go a long way in reducing the dreaded huge electricity bills. Every drop of water constitutes to the ocean.
Alternative Energy – Smart Investment
Create your own electricity by alternative energy such as solar power generator or wind power generator Buy the Power Save gadget. The gadget helps monitor the power supply to your house that make you know your limit and uses the minimum that is needed.
Home Appliance Usage
Most of us complain that the electricity bill so expensive because of the number of electrical appliances they have at home. However, the electricity bill is not directly proportional to the number of gadgets you use but the way you use them.
Let’s see how to save on your energy bill and avoid the typical power-wasters.
- Use the washing machine only when there is a full load of clothes.
- Keep the geyser on for the minimal amount of time.
- Keep the air-conditioner at the minimum low or high temperature, just enough to keep you off the heat or the cold outside.
- Switch off the computer monitor even when you take a one-minute break. It takes just a second to switch on the monitor again! Power saving mode is not enough!
Remember, if you can stick to this way it’s mean you reducing your electricity bill is equivalent to saving power, thus helping the world save power for its future generations.