If fitness is at the top of your to do list, get started with the information in the article below to make sure you get the most from whatever you decide to do.
Not all fitness advice is right for everyone, but you can find some great ideas from these practical tips to get started today.
- Start your day with a cup of hot water and lemon, especially if you’ve had a few glasses of wine the night before and like to drink coffee in the morning. This detox trick will help give your system a little break and improve digestion.
- Every pound of muscle you add can help burn an extra 45 calories per day. So if you beeline it for the weight room and pack on 10 pounds of lean muscle, then your body can continue to torch 450 calories daily well after you’ve left the gym, even if you’re chained to a desk for most of the day. At that rate, you can lose almost a pound of fat per week.
- Studies show that runners are more satisfied with their physicians if they share their passion for pounding pavement or trails. If an injury develops, you will be more inclined to see your physician if he or she understands how important running is to you.
- In order to truly commit to a fitness program, you need to change your attitudes and beliefs about fitness. You need to be willing to work hard, even when you’re feeling tired or lazy. Only if you are willing to make solid, lasting changes will you able to make fitness a part of your life.
- Spending three hours at the gym or doing 100 reps of a move are not good things—quality trumps quantity when it comes to exercise. Your workouts should be short, intense, and explosive. This way, you’ll be better able to give it your all with good form, which is the best way fast-track results.
- When developing a fitness routine the savvy exercise enthusiast will not rely on any one form of exercise. Building a regimen with diverse forms of exercise will not only prevent tedium, it will also make it easier to keep working out. Injury, equipment failure or other negative circumstances will have less effect on an overall routine if it includes many forms of exercise.
- Don’t let athlete’s foot keep you from hitting the gym. Adding one to two chopped garlic cloves to your meals daily can help stave off the fungal skin infection that causes uncomfortable redness, itching, and cracking, because of the flavorful bulb’s antimicrobial properties. Adding garlic to your diet may speed up your metabolism to boot.
- Drink water before, during and after your workout. Water is the single most important substance for human beings and is required by every cell in your body. It’s crucial to stay hydrated. Not only that, but during a workout, your cells can create a lot of waste products. Water helps flush those toxins from your system.
- Forget counting calories this year, and instead make it your goal to eat fresh, high-quality foods. You’ll instantly dump the biggest flat-belly troublemakers like all things highly process, boxed, and full of dangerous synthetic hormones, pesticides, and genetically-modified ingredients. You don’t have to go vegan, low-carb, or even Paleo—just eat fresh and watch the pounds melt away.
- A great way to help you get fit is to active groups of people on craigslist. A lot of people post on craigslist looking for other people that want to go on hikes or play sports. It can be a great way to meet people and also get fit.
- A great way to help you get fit is to start doing compound lifts. Compound lifts are lifts such as the bench press, squat, pull-up, and deadlift. These lifts are better than isolation lifts because they use more than once muscle group. Isolation lifts tend to only use one muscle group.
- A good nutritional tip is to keep eating healthy even when you’re trying to put on muscle. A lot of people think they can eat whatever they want when they try to gain muscle, but that kind of reckless eating will only result in fat gain. Instead, keep eating healthy as you normally would.
- Home gyms may seem expensive, but you can create a small gym in your house for less than you may think. A treadmill, exercise bike and a set of weights, will only cost a couple hundred dollars. While your local gym may offer a lot more, most people don’t have time to go to a gym every day.
- By making a few minor modifications to your bench pressing routing, you can target different areas of the body. To focus on your chest muscles, try to squeeze the bar inward. You can switch the focus to your triceps by performing close-grip reps while squeezing the bar away from you or outward.
- Find a friend or two and maybe some colleagues who have similar fitness goals, such as weight loss or a spring half-marathon or mud run. Then get everyone to chip in together for a trainer who’s willing to take on a small group at once. Splitting the cost isn’t the only perk, your new workout buddies will help you stay on track and hold you accountable to your exercise routine.
Getting started on your way to true personal fitness begins with these effective and practical tips. Put these tips to use to feel better and look great. It will give you a great deal of satisfaction to know you are doing something to get in the best shape you can.