You’ve probably seen famous chefs on television cooking up delicious meals and wished that you could enjoy gourmet dishes. The good thing is that you can, if you make it.
Cooking is like any other activity; if you hone and develop your skills, you can be a very good chef. Here are some great cooking tips that every good chef knows.
Cooking to Impress
As with every discipline, cooking has certain rules and a proper way of doing things.
And in order to achieve success, cooks and bakers need to know these rules of the kitchen, from the right way to read a recipe to how to use a knife properly.
- For easy low-fat cooking make sure that you measure the oil that you use in your recipes. If you just pour it from the bottle it is easy to accidentally include too much oil in the dish. By measuring it out, you are giving yourself much more control over how much oil you can use, which will help you to keep your dishes healthier.
- In order to become a good cook, you should learn to use simple measuring devices. It is very important to know how to get the right quantities because many tried and true recipes require very specific amounts of this and that. Learn to measure and you’ll be licking your chops in no time!
- It is fine to alter recipes. Do you like more cheese than what is called for? It’s fine to add more. Do you think onions would be good added in? Try it! Adding your own special twist to a recipe can help make a meal one of a kind!
- Having trouble with your meats sticking to your pan or grill? This is an easy thing to fix. Just spray your pan or grill with a spray oil before you begin to cook. This will put a coating on the surface of the pan or grill, and will keep your meats from sticking to a dry surface.
- Avoid overcooking pasta when you boil it. Overcooked pasta loses some of its important health benefits, as well as its flavor. When you overcook pasta, the noodles absorb too much water and become swollen and limp. It is better to slightly under-cook it to retain the best texture and flavor.
- When a recipe calls for vegetable shortening, coconut oil is a healthy alternative that should be used. Coconut oil can be difficult to find in the typical grocery stores so you may need to look in a healthfood store to find it. It is important to read the label to make sure it is true coconut oil.
- When you are going to be cooking a steak and you want to use the broiler in the over make sure you heat it up for at least 20 minutes. This will ensure that it is as hot it gets. It sears the outside of the steaks so that it will seal in the juices.
- To make hard boiled eggs easier to peel, try running them under cold water. Once they’ve cooled, roll them across your counter until the shell begins to crack, and then run them under the cold water again. Start peeling them at the egg’s widest end. This is where the egg’s air pocket is, which will help the shell come off more easily.
- Make your homemade dressings even healthier. When you are preparing your own creamy dressings in the kitchen, you can substitute yogurt for mayonnaise. This will make the flavor of your dressing lighter, and will have a positive impact on your health. Use yogurt in most recipes that call for mayonnaise.
Use these tips as a blueprint, paving the way ahead for you as a home chef. Don’t stop learning and getting ideas about cooking anywhere you can. If you make something once, and it doesn’t come out well, try it again. Keep trying. Anyone can be a terrific chef if they just keep at it–even you!
#1 Rated Diet Pill - Rated #1 by both experts and users! Lose weight quickly & safely - clinically-proven to reduce BMI. Read More...